
Today I went to the bank to carry out some transaction (wonder why they use these big words yet them guys are simply de-toothing!!)
Anyway, all was not bad until some lady (oops did i say lady) thought she could nonchalantly jump the queue. There is a tendency I have noticed for persons from some distinct geographical region to think they own the world and thus can waltz into anyplace, show off their over laden hips and get whatever they want!
Well, I took it cool partly because the person ahead of me opted to let go and partly because as i grow older I learn to chill more this not withstanding the increased admonition to seek peace ...."as long as it depends upon you!" Adds the scriptures.
Afterward we (the person next to me and I) could not help but lament that its partly the reason why Africa as a whole lags behind. If the small basic little things that govern organization cannot be adhered to and the lowest of all levels like keeping in a queue, how much more so the bigger aspects like accountability, efficiency and service delivery be ignored?
Oh boy!
No comments:
Post a Comment