Monday, 10 March 2008

When Shame Turns into Anger


I first heard it from Maggie, a policewoman who told me of her ordeal.

She got a loan, sent the money to her aunty to help her complete the roofing of her house. Good old aunty 'ate' the money and when asked for accountablity became worse than Jezebel of old!

Thus this blog post's title.

I experienced the same last week and got to think a little deeper. It funny not so (funny strange not funny haha) how people instead of being humble enough to acknowledge wrong doing when caught at it, revert to making you the villian!

And who has time for a quarrel with one who has no self respect nor a working conscience?

1 comment:

Virtuous Gal said...

My dear sister, most of the people around us are like that. I have one principle: I don't lend money: not even to my close relations ( friends/relatives). I either give the person the money and write it off or we sign an agreement with clear payment terms. Money breaks relations so since the relationships are more important to me I don't lend money.

After you have incurred the loss, just as you say "who has time for a quarrel with one who has no self respect nor a working conscience?'