Tuesday, 30 October 2007
Jinja Jinja - Part 4 (The Kingdom Hall)
I was glad Robert had lived in Jinja before, so when relayed to directions, it was simple to go there. The next morning i drove over. Met some sisters on the way and offered them a lift.
The later asked me how I knew they were Witnesses and I said cause of the way they were dressed and the bags they were carrying and the brisk purposeful walk.
The public talk was about "Communication in the family and with God" It was simply lovely and i really wished my friends had come along.
"She follows him to the car, she is crying she is distressed..'you dont listen to me, I need to tell you this, please listen' he just slams the car door shut and drives off, he doesnt have time for this"
"He returns later from work, its been a stressful day, the children are back from school and are playing in the front yard. They hear the car hoot and they scamper off, in all directions, some in the bedroom, some to the bath room. The house is totally silent, it should be from the moment he returns"
This is how the speaker for the public talk begun the talk this Sunday in Jinja. Communication was a problem in the family in both instances. Between the Children and between the spouse. How can this be improved? Even with God?
The talk build up focussed on the following 6 points.
1)What is communication
2)how to communicate with the children
3)Children listen to your parents
4)Communication after the children have left
5)Communication with God
6)Benefits of Good communication
I had a jolly good time meeting the brothers before and after the meeting. Its amazing how we really are one and united. You go to any part of the world and we are doing exactly the same watchtower.
I enjoyed meeting with Sr Dorothy Okidi who passed on greetings to many brothers in my congregation like Isaiah.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I Loved the fotos they were fantastic. wow.
The talk, the talk whoah!! the talk i hope i dont become the father talked about there.
indeed you must have had a joly time.
hehehe...Communication is a problem every where ..well some good points for us to ponder ...
That's a beautiful Hall, Maureen.
Ed
Post a Comment