Ok, so I have scald fingers to show for my activities this weekend well, its not all, I also got a big smile in my heart and happy memories at the things we talked about at both occasions.
Friday
On Friday I hosted Carl, Bridgette, Arianne, Teddy and May for supper. It was grand. We were 6 people. The setting was Japanese or Chinese style if you wish, on the floor with candles. Lots of pillows on the floor and no music. It was that laid back. I wanted to make sure we did more than hearing.
The Menu?
I tried to make it simple, yes simple. Only 5 dishes. Coconut rice sprinkled with fresh coriander (got it from my kitchen garden I did) little potatoes (not the mordern fat ones these ones are from the village, tiny but tastey) you peel them by holding them with your index finger and thumb only, I boiled them with salt and deep fried them (no baking bwana, do you know the amount of gas you need for the same effect?)
Ok, I continue, I also made little meat balls, bite size for sure and drown them in nice think coconut and tomato sauce (not the factory one) Lots of spices to bring out the taste and as always Mr Pork had to be featured, this time pan fried but marinated for hours with my usual conconction. Next time i shall opt for roasted sweet and sour pork ribs (this is a killer, especially when the sweet is the all natural honey) and to crown it up, we had the tomato salad aka kachumbari. Mombasa style.
Conversation
Mainly about what is happening around us, how difficult it is to keep morally upright (ask me again) and aspects about how it was taking a firm stand for the truth.
Saturday
HOH! Now Kenneth is holding his first wedding meeting and Maureen being big sis has to chip in with her curinary skills (if any?) It was nice to have the girls around to help. Simple and nice, Roasted Pork and Goat, Cole slaw and Kachumbari, Coconut, tomato sauce and the good old Danish style Potato Salad.
So the wedding meetigns are finally launched both in Kampala and Masindi. This is getting serious.
Sunday
To the kingdom hall, a bible study with Briggette , clean up at home and to bed at Half 7. Couldn't believe i was up in the morning at 7am. A good 12 hours of sleep who could ask for more?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment