
In this time and age?
Yes, in this time and age it is still a bridge. A narrow and broken one at that with lots of water and rocks at the bottom.
One would think with the amalgamation of people into cities, and rubbing of shoulders at work and other places where the whole love story begins (well usually) It would be a good reason for the tribal issue NOT to winch up its ugly head but wapi!!
Behind the curtains lies these feuds and feelings superficialy covered by non others than the people we hold close to heart.
Tandra in one of her posts asks why the first thing people want to know about you is your tribe, or surname so as to (in my opinion and I stand to be prooven other wise) quickly place you in some sort of social bracket. I hate that (strong word i know)ok, i dont like that.
Exposed and educated guys still let tribe plot their happiness. The scenario in Kenya just worsened that. Now the younger generations think its "safer" to marry from your own.
At the cost of your happiness. Ok, it may mean nothing to you. Place tribe on a pedestal and forget all other qualities you would like in a partner. THEN see how ugly a person from your very own tribe can be.
Definately NOT a solution!
2 comments:
:( You are right Mo..I have learned to say am Kenyan whenever someone asks me , "what tribe i come from."
Who gives anybody the right to judge me from what tribe i come from? I didnt choose to be born in any tribe and for that am proud to be from the tribe that I am.
As for love, please people, find it from wherever tribe....Please read 1 Corinthians 13:4
U so read me! I always answer the same thing, "Ugandan" Thanks for the scripture. Way to go girlfriend
Post a Comment